Sunday, January 25, 2009

Indoor Soccer

I started playing in an indoor soccer league this month. I still play for Coach T - I signed an exclusive contract with him. His son Deuce is the only kid I know on the team, but we have lots of good players. And two girls. They're pretty good players too. One of the girls is Deuce's sister, Maya, so she's cool.

In indoor soccer, there are no timeouts, unless someone gets hurt, or the ball goes over the wall. We play on AstroTurf and have walls like in a hockey rink. It's cool and it moves fast. People knock people into the wall too, which is fun, but it hurts.

Our team (US) is 1-1-1 - we won our first game, lost our second, and tied last night. We play every Saturday. There are two 18-minute halves, and one 2-minute half-time. The games go really fast.

Since there are no timeouts, subs come in during the game. In our first game, the other team subbed for their goalie and the new goalie did not get in the box before the old goalie left, so they left their goal wide open and we scored (of course).

Last night, I knocked down a big tall girl. I was running really fast and flattened her. I went down too. It hurt. Mom said I got my bell rung.

I like indoor soccer better than outdoor soccer, because I don't have to throw in. But I still like any kind of soccer.

2 comments:

Ferdlings said...

The big tall girl that you knocked down... was she in the game or was this at the Mall?

Daniel said...

Game